About the Role
Prism of Possibiltiies provides care for individuals with intellectual development disability. We strive to offer a community that promotes self-respect, independence, and improves the quality of life for all individuals. We intend to provide the highest quality services in the Omaha area.
This position will conduct referral reviews, complete intake activities, provide on-going monitoring of people, and ensure the highest quality of service.
• Communicates with the State Service Coordinator to ensure eligibility/authorization for funding of services/supports is available.
• Gathers, interprets and operationalizes information about the individual and makes available to the agency’s team.
• Obtains all necessary consents, completes a social history and other agency-required forms/paperwork, records and documentation.
• Facilitates the completion of required assessments, services and safety plans, residential agreements, and coordinates with the individual’s team to deliver service, medical and behavioral support.
• Maintains individual and agency records and ensures all electronic and physical records contain current information.
• Identifies and coordinates the individuals’ clinical and service needs and ensures that there is coordinated plan of care with agency and external agencies/professionals.
• Communicates with the agency team regarding health concerns (e.g., missed appointments, medications, diagnoses, etc.) and takes appropriate action.
• Identifies individuals with complex medical issues and provides for appropriate agency and external interventions by qualified health professionals.
• Serves as a member of agency committees and workgroups, and as a liaison to external agencies/professionals.
• As part of the agency’s management team, provides input into the development of individual service plans and implements policy and procedures.
• Assure programs are in compliance with state and federal regulations and Prism of Possibiltiies’s quality expectations
Skills: Team facilitation, Working with individuals with disabilities and interacting with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
Experience: Developmental Disabilities Service Coordination, 2 years
Experience using Word, Excel, Outlook, and Therap.
About the Company